Why La Roche?
Our premier graduate program offers the coaching skills that you need to become an effective leader, regardless of the industry.
Convenient 36-credit Program
We offer flexibility for adults who have work or family obligations. The 36-credit program allows you to complete your master's degree in just two years. And, our combination of online, hybrid and accelerated formats make it easier for you to balance your professional and personal life with your education.
A Competitive Curriculum
Through a combination of theory and practical application, our students explore extensive subject matters within the HRM field:
- The development of functional area skills
- Qualitative and quantitative approaches to contemporary management issues
- How to recruit and retain top professionals for your company
- Coaching and team-building skills
We offer classes at La Roche's main campus in the North Hills and at Cranberry Woods/Regional Learning Alliance in Cranberry Township.
By specializing in one of four concentrations, you'll gain a specific area of expertise in human resources management:
- HR Administration: Specialization in compensation management, recruitment and placement
- Consulting for Organizational Learning, Development and Change: Knowledge pertaining to training and development, planning and implementing change within an organization
- Strategic Management and Leadership: A concentration in performance management and leading a workforce
- Managing Information Technology in Organizations and HR: A focus in HR information systems and managing changing processes
Eight Certificate Options
If you want to explore graduate education while gaining professional expertise, our eight certificate programs provide you with a focused knowledge in specific areas of human resources management:
Class sizes are small, with a 13:1 student-faculty ratio. As a graduate student at La Roche, you'll work one-on-one with faculty who provide you with personalized attention and support.
All of our HRM instructors have extensive experience in the fields of human resources, law and other corporate settings.
HRCI-approved Professional Development Series
If you're a business or human resources professional looking to gain knowledge and practical skills, we believe you should learn from the industry's best.
Held on campus, our widely popular Professional Development Series features workshops by local industry experts. The series is valuable to anyone in today's business environment who wants to effectively manage a variety of HR issues.
With eight presentations per year, the series offers:
- Informal networking sessions
- Credits for PHR, SPHR and GPHR certification
- Two-hour presentations held in the evenings
- Free parking
SHRM Learning System® course
This course helps you to effectively prepare for your Professional in Human Resources Management (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources Management (SPHR) designation.
and receive an admissions decision within 10 to 14 days.