DNAP Nurse Anesthesia Practice Computer Requirements
Entering DNAP students must be computer literate and possess a Windows laptop/notebook computer with program-defined specifications. The program is designed to utilize the latest technology in teaching and learning for more efficient use of faculty and students' time.
The computer must be capable of Internet access and transmission of email, course content, multimedia, case experience logs and other educational content. Students are expected to access course syllabi, outlines and handouts on the DNAP website or learning management system. All course examinations are administered by computerized testing.
The computer specifications are subject to be updated periodically, as the capabilities of technology advance. Students should review these specifications prior to entering the DNAP program.
These hardware and software specifications apply only to the 2018-2019 academic year. Updated specifications are posted during the summer for the next academic year.
- Operating systems requirements: Windows 10; no other operating systems are acceptable
- CPU Type: Intel core i3 minimum (Intel core i5 recommended)
- Memory requirements: 4 GB minimum
- Microsoft Office 365 (Available to students at no charge. An email is sent to eligible students at their La Roche College email address with information for downloading the software.)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (free)
- Adobe Flash (free)
- Google Chrome (free)
- Mozilla Firefox (free)
- Mendele (free)
- Antivirus software as approved by La Roche(must be kept up-to-date).
Information about your La Roche network, email and Office 365 accounts, and general instructions for preparing your computer can be found here.
- 250 GB hard drive or larger
- Wireless Ethernet - 802.11 b/g/n (if purchasing a laptop)
- 10/100 Ethernet connection
- Built-in or external Web Camera
- Built-in or external Microphone (headset with built-in microphone is recommended)
- 2 USB 2.0 High Speed Ports or more
- 3-button Optical Wheeled Scroll Mouse
- Carrying case (recommended)
- Extended warranty (highly recommended)