Eligibility for Semester Study Abroad
- Students must complete two semesters at La Roche before being eligible to study abroad.
- Students must have at least a 3.0 La Roche GPA.
- Students must have declared a major.
- Students must maintain full time status.
- Students must have no serious disciplinary or academic actions pending. All accepted applicants will be reviewed by the Student Life Office for their disciplinary clearance.
- Schedule a meeting with the Study Abroad Coordinator at least one year in advance to discuss your options. The coordinator will assist you in finding a program that best suits your academic plan. The coordinator also will give you the LRC Study Abroad Application and Checklist to help guide you through the rest of the application process.
- Meet with your academic advisor once you have decided on a study abroad program to review your program of study and determine which semester will be best to spend abroad. Your advisor also will help determine which classes can be taken abroad to fill major, minor, and elective requirements.
- Meet with the Financial Aid Office, the Office of Student Accounts, and the Registrar’s Office to see how the semester abroad will affect your financial aid and billing, and also to receive the Registrar’s approval of your course selections.
- Receive La Roche approval after completing all of the necessary steps. Once you have La Roche approval you may apply for your program of study.
Students must apply and be accepted for study abroad through the Study Abroad office at La Roche BEFORE applying to their selected program.