Requirements & Application
You must meet the following criteria for application to this program
- A baccalaureate degree in business, accounting or finance from an accredited college or university.
- Overall undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.25 or better on a 4.0 scale. Applicants with less than a 3.25, who show extreme promise through other achievements, may be granted provisional admission with permission from the program chair. After six credits of graduate level coursework, these students will be reviewed and may be eligible for full admission after attaining a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Prerequisite undergraduate courses include:
- Intermediate Accounting (LRC equivalent AC311 and AC312)
- Taxation I (LRC equivalent of AC301)
- Auditing (LRC equivalent of AC402)
A grade of a "C" or better is expected in these undergraduate prerequisites, otherwise the applicant will need to retake the prerequisite course(s) until their grade improves to a "C" or better. Applicants will not receive full acceptance into the program until prerequisite courses have been satisfactorily completed.
- Proficiency in written and oral communications, college level math, and computer usage including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and the Internet are required.
- Official transcripts from all post secondary institutions attended, submitted in a sealed envelope by the degree-granting institution
- Two letters of recommendation/reference
- Personal essay of Professional and Academic Goals
- Current Resume
- Completed and signed application form
- Participation in a personal interview once your complete application is received
- If you fail to meet one or more of the above criteria, or feel your earned GPA or standardized test scores are not indicative of your ability to be successful in a graduate degree program, please submit additional documentation to augment your application portfolio. For example the Graduate Admissions Office may consider a professional certification such as the CPA, CMA or other comparable accounting certifications as part of your admissions application.
- Only those applicants who have submitted complete application packets will be considered for admittance into the Master of Science Accounting Program at La Roche College
Learn more about the program, career outcomes and the benefits of earning a Master of Science in Accounting from La Roche College by clicking here.