Do you want to learn English as a second language?
Whether you are preparing for an academic degree or simply want to learn the language, our intensive ESL program will help you achieve your goal! We have a multi-level program that students test into upon arrival. Each level is one semester, or 16 weeks. Upon completion of the program, conditionally admitted students can continue on to their undergraduate or Master’s coursework.
Requirements & Application for English as a Second Language
- APPLY ONLINE | Printable Version (PDF)
- Secondary/High School Transcript and Diploma (with notarized English translation)
- Post-secondary Academic Transcript, if applicable (with notarized English translation)
- International Student Agreement
- Affidavit of Support - signed by your financial sponsor
- Official Recent Bank Statement of Sponsor
- Bank statement must be dated within 12 months of the planned semester start date
- Final balance on the bank statement must document the financial capability of your sponsor to cover at least one academic year of estimated expenses
- Bank statement should document the currency of the account
- Copy of Passport Photo Page
- $50 Application Fee
Additional documents required of transfer students:
- Transcripts from all previous ESL courses
- Copy of Current I-20
- Copy of Current Visa
- Immigration Transfer Request Form
Download/Print a LIST of required documents.
Please note: All of the above documents may be scanned and emailed as an attachment to email@example.com, faxed to 412-536-1188 or mailed to:
La Roche College
9000 Babcock Blvd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15237 USA