The University will continue to update the campus community as new and relevant information or policy developments arise.
Emergency Financial Aid Grants
February 23, 2021
La Roche University is slated to receive approximately $1.9 million as part of the approximately $22.7 billion in support for postsecondary institutions and their students under the recently passed Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA), as announced by the U.S. Department of Education. Of that $1.9 million, $602,959 will be earmarked for emergency financial aid grants for La Roche students.
The University will award grants to help students pay for cost of attendance, or for emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus, such as tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental health care) or child care. If you owe a balance to the University, you may request that La Roche apply any grant awarded directly to your student account. Our goal is to provide this measure of financial relief as quickly as possible so that students who need it the most can continue their studies with peace of mind.
As part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act passed by Congress last year, La Roche awarded 633 grants totaling $602,959 in emergency financial aid to 424 students as of Nov. 18, 2020. These federal dollars supplemented La Roche’s ongoing efforts to provide financial relief for students in need of assistance. Since the pandemic began, La Roche has disbursed thousands of dollars from the Sister Candace Introcaso Student Emergency Fund to more than 172 students who needed financial support for a variety of reasons.
Visit laroche.edu/CRRSAA for information about eligibility, the application process and frequently asked questions. We strongly encourage students to apply as soon as possible, and the distribution of grants will begin immediately. Please email LRUcares@laroche.edu if you have any questions. La Roche University is grateful that the Department of Education has committed to disbursing these funds quickly, as we are eager to continue providing a measure of financial aid relief for our students who need it the most.
Sister Candace Introcaso, CDP, Ph.D.
- February 23, 2021 - Emergency Financial Aid Grants (PDF)
- November 18, 2020 - Important Message Regarding Week of Thanksgiving (PDF)
- October 14, 2020 - Letter to Students Regarding Spring Semester (PDF)
- August 26, 2020 - Commencement Update for Class of 2020 (PDF)
- August 12, 2020 - Virtual Town Hall Video for Students (Video Link)
- August 6, 2020 - Virtual Town Halls for Students and Employees (PDF)
- July 20, 2020 - President's Return to Campus Announcement (PDF)
- June 18, 2020 - LRU Revises Start Date for Fall Semester (PDF)
- May 20, 2020 - Fall Reopening for Future Students (PDF)
- May 15, 2020 - Thirteenth (PDF)
- May 4, 2020 - Twelfth (PDF)
- April 27, 2020 - Eleventh (PDF)
- April 23, 2020 - Tenth (PDF)
- April 17, 2020 - Ninth (PDF)
- April 8, 2020 - Eighth (PDF)
- April 7, 2020 - Seventh (PDF)
- March 23, 2020 - Sixth (PDF)
- March 18, 2020 - Fifth (PDF)
- March 11, 2020 - Fourth (PDF)
- March 4, 2020 - Third (PDF)
- Feb, 28, 2020 - Second (PDF)
- Feb. 28, 2020 - First (PDF)