Mandatory Student Health Insurance Policy
La Roche requires all full-time students (undergraduate students earning 12+ credits or graduate students earning 9+ credits) to have health insurance. To comply with this mandate,
you must either enroll in the La Roche University Student Health Insurance Plan
(SHIP) or waive it with proof of comparable health insurance every year that
you attend La Roche. You need to take action regarding La Roche University's mandatory student health insurance policy, which applies to all students. The policy requires students to maintain health insurance every day while enrolled in higher education.
You can enroll in the La Roche-sponsored health insurance plan or provide information about your private health insurance. Currently a charge has been placed on your student account.
- Total cost: $1767.00 for undergraduate students, $2379.00 graduate students.
- The cost includes your premium, and a $137 advocacy and health initiative fee.
- Effective dates: Jan. 1, 2019 through July 31, 2019
- New spring students who do not submit a waiver with complete insurance details by Feb. 15, 2020 will automatically be enrolled in the SHIP and charged the spring total: $1084.00 for undergraduate students and $1445.00 for graduate students. (Effective 1/1/20-7/31/20)
In order to have this charge removed from your student account, you must respond even if you have private health insurance.
You must respond by Sept. 15, 2019 for fall semester and Feb. 15, 2020 for spring semester.
- Go to qmservicesinc.com/myinsurance.
Log in with your student ID number as your user name.
Enter your password, which is initially your date of birth in the following format: MMDDYYY.
You will be prompted to change your password upon your initial login. Students will be able to use their new password each year to log in, and it is the student's responsibility to remember their password.
To expedite receiving your medical ID cards, enroll now. Do not wait for the auto-enrollment.
Print or screen shot your confirmation at the end of the web process and retain for your records. This is proof of your transaction.
What Happens If You Don't Respond
You will be auto-enrolled in the school's health insurance, and the insurance cost will remain on your student account. Waivers submitted after the deadline will not be accepted and will incur a late waiver penalty of $137.
For More Information
Visit www.qmservicesinc.com to review:
- Questions to ask your carrier before waiving the school's insurance.
- Instructions on enrolling or waiving the school's insurance plan.
- Information regarding Medicaid policies.
- Cost and benefit specifics for the school's insurance plan.
- Targeted messages for international students.
- Information on optional dental and vision insurance.
La Roche contracts with healthcare insurance advocates at QM Services. If you have questions regarding details of the insurance program, using the website or the college requirement, please call QM Services at 800-273-1715.