Requirements for Admission
The ELMSN is designed for students who hold a bachelor's degree in any discipline other than nursing. The program includes nursing knowledge for entry into practice coupled with graduate-level concepts and skills.
For admission to the program, applicants must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in any field from a regionally accredited college or university (or the international equivalent) and earned a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale during the last 60 credits of their bachelor’s program
- Provide transcripts from all undergraduate educational institutions attended, showing an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Complete criminal background check clearances and drug screenings (carried out within three months prior to admission)
- Supply proof of current AHA Basic Life Support certification
- Submit a completed Department of Nursing health form and physical examination
- Completed within the last seven years and with a grade of C (2.0) or higher the following prerequisites:
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I (with laboratory component)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology II (with laboratory component)
- Microbiology (with laboratory component)
- Developmental Psychology
Any applicants missing pre-requisite courses will be required to take or re-take them prior to beginning Entry Level MSN courses.
the high-level language competency required in nursing, international
applicants* must possess proficiency in English at a level to enable them to
succeed in graduate level studies. All international applicants for the ELMSN
program are required to submit results from either the Test of English as a
Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System
(IELTS), or Duolingo English Test (DET).
- Test of English as a Foreign
Language (TOEFL): A minimum score of 100 is required. The expected breakdown
is as follows: Reading 26, Listening 26, Speaking 25, Writing 25.
- International English Language
Testing System (IELTS): A minimum combined score of 7.0 is required with
each subsection score of at least a 7.0.
- Duolingo English Test (DET): A
minimum score of 125 is required.
applicants include those with English as an additional language and/or an
applicant with a permanent resident card.
Learn more about the program, career outcomes and the benefits of earning a Enty Level MSN from La Roche University by clicking here.