Mandatory Student Health Insurance Policy
La Roche requires all full-time students to have health insurance. To comply with this mandate,
you must either enroll in the La Roche University Student Health Insurance Plan
(SHIP) or waive it with proof of comparable health insurance every year that
you attend La Roche.You need to take action regarding La Roche University's mandatory student health insurance policy, which applies to all students. This policy requires students to maintain health insurance covering them every day of their higher education.
You can enroll in the La Roche-sponsored health insurance plan or provide information about your private health insurance. Currently a charge has been placed on your student account.
- Total cost for : $1,084 for undergraduate students and $1445 graduate students.
- The cost includes your premium, and a $137 advocacy and health initiative fee.
- Effective dates: Jan. 1, 2019 through July 31, 2019
In order to have this charge removed from your student account, you must respond even if you have private health insurance.
- Go to www.hulseqm.com/myinsurance
- Login ID: The last name first initial of the student, entered without spaces. Example: If your name is Betty Jones, your login ID is jonesb.
- Password: All six digits of the student's La Roche student ID number.
- Choose enroll to sign up for the school-sponsored plan, or waive with your private health insurance information. If you enroll, the charge will remain on your student account. If you complete a waiver, credit will be transmitted to the school within seven to 14 business days.
To expedite receiving your medical ID cards, enroll now. Do not wait for the auto enrollment.
Print or screen shot your confirmation at the end of the web process and retain for your records. This is proof of your transaction.
You must respond by Feb 15th, 2019.
What Happens If You Don't Respond
You will be auto-enrolled in the school's health insurance, and the insurance cost will remain on your student account. Waivers submitted after Feb. 15th, 2019 will not be accepted and will incur a late waiver penalty of $137.
For More Information
Visit www.hulseqm.com/studentportal for:
- Questions for your carrier before waiving the school's insurance
- Instructions for enrolling or waiving the school's insurance plan
- Information regarding Medicaid policies
- Cost and benefit specifics for the school's insurance plan
- Targeted message for international students
- Information on optional dental and vision insurance
La Roche contracts with healthcare insurance advocates at QM Services. If you have questions regarding details of the insurance program, using the website or the college requirement, please call QM Services at 800-273-1715.