Adult Undergraduate Requirements & Application
To apply to La Roche University, you must submit the following materials:
- A complete application addressed to:
La Roche University
Office of Graduate Studies and Adult Education
9000 Babcock Boulevard
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
- Official High School transcript or Copy of GED Certificate
Failure to provide official transcripts will result in a registration hold being placed on your student record. A registration hold does not allow you to register until all required transcripts are submitted.
Available Application Options:
- Gather Information: Contact the Office of Graduate Studies & Adult Education at (412) 536-1260 to review the admissions process, or visit the LRU website (www.laroche.edu) for open house dates and to explore the various major options.
- Make Application for Admission: You can apply online or download and print an application for admission. You can also request a printed application from the Adult Admissions office (412)536-1260.
- Advising: An admissions counselor will assist you with arranging an appropriate schedule of classes for your first semester.
- Financial aid: A separate appointment is recommended. Please inform your admissions counselor to make such arrangements.
- Registration: You never have to leave home or work to register once you have completed your application process. An admissions counselor can assist you by fax (412) 536-1283 or by phone (412) 536-1260.
- Career Journey: If you include a resume, we can submit it to the Career Center.
- Orientation: Participate in the orientation at the beginning of each semester either on campus or on-line (www.laroche.edu) to further assist with your transition as a new student or obtain your photo ID, parking permit, computer logon, books, etc.
Once you enroll at LRU, The Office of Graduate Studies & Adult Education will continue to be your advisor until the next registration period when a faculty member will be assigned to you. The Office of Academic Affairs will send you a letter indicating your new advisor with his/her contact information.
Students who have not yet completed a college-level math course are advised to submit either an SAT or ACT score. If you don't have one, you will need to take a math placement challenge exam at one of the Welcome Day events. Please visit www.laroche.edu/placement/ to view and schedule a date. Please speak with your admissions counselor if you are unable to make one of the scheduled events.
Interior and graphic design students may be required to participate in a portfolio review with a faculty member. The review, which will assist in the evaluation and placement of design credits, is completed after the student is admitted to the college and prior to registration.
Performing Arts Auditions:
Students interested in dance/performing arts courses may be required to audition with the artistic director of the program.