The Aid Process
You have decided that you want to attend college. Now you have to figure out how to pay for it. We may be able to help. To apply for most types of financial aid, follow these steps:
STEP ONE: Request FSA ID
- Request your FSA ID at FSA ID.
- If you are a dependent student, one of your parents must also request a FSA ID.
- Print and save your FSA ID's in a safe place because you will need them for other applications and for every year that you apply for financial aid.
STEP TWO: Enter Completed FAFSA on the WEB On-Line
- The FAFSA becomes available Oct. 1 for the following academic year.
- Enter your information online at www.fafsa.gov.
- Enter La Roche University's school code: 003987 on the FAFSA.
STEP THREE: Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer your
tax information and your parents’ tax information to your FAFSA
- When you get to income information, click on the link to
connect to the IRS. Enter your information and click select to transfer the
income information to the FAFSA.
STEP FOUR: Sign and Submit your FAFSA
- Sign your FAFSA using your FSA ID and your parents' FSA ID as
STEP FIVE: Keep a Copy of Completed FAFSA
- Print a copy of submitted FAFSA with your confirmation
number and keep for your records.
Students must file their FAFSA once per academic year.
(An academic year is defined as July 1 - June 30.)