Whether you live on or off campus, you’re part of the Redhawk family. Known for our close-knit community and small, supportive environment, La Roche serves as a home-away-from-home for all students, no matter where you choose to live while earning your degree.
You don’t have to live on campus to easily explore new interests or get to know your classmates. Home to more than 30 student clubs and organizations, La Roche invites commuter students to take part in the unique campus traditions and experiences that happen outside of the classroom.
Make your college experience memorable and meaningful by joining—or even leading—one or more of our exciting clubs:
As a commuter student, you also have a Student Government Association representative who can address your concerns. If you want to change something on campus or need to discuss an ongoing issue, contact your SGA representative.
Parking at La Roche
Forget parking garages and meters—we offer free parking to all commuter students throughout the year. Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis, so you may want to get to campus early on busy days. Commuters may park in three designated lots:
- The main commuter lot
- Behind the Kerr Fitness & Sports Center
- Behind Providence Heights
Everyone must register their motor vehicle(s) with the Office of Public Safety.
Why drive all the way home in between classes when you can relax or study on campus? The most popular spots to meet up with friends, finish homework or study include:
- Wright Library: The library is open Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to midnight, Friday and Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Sunday 1 p.m. to midnight. Hours vary during finals, holidays, semester breaks and summer sessions.
- Zappala Campus Center Square: This common area houses the Dining Hall and Redhawk Café, and is a popular location for campus-wide events.
- Study areas outside of the La Roche Bookstore: Located in the Huber Academic Center, this quiet hallway is the perfect spot to get caught up on schoolwork, prepare for an exam or take a break.
- Bold Union Room (BUR): Stop by Bold Hall, one of our four residence halls, to use the microwave, stove, refrigerator, TV and pool table before or after classes.
Wi-Fi for Commuters
Commuters can access the University’s secure Wi-Fi network using their username and password for My La Roche
, the official web portal for La Roche.
Public Safety Announcements
Get campus alerts in a timely fashion by signing up for Omnilert Emergency Notification System
. The University uses this mass notification system to send instant alerts via text or email for emergencies, weather delays and campus closures to students, faculty and staff.
All commuter students have the option to purchase a campus meal plan, though it is not mandatory. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
to sign up for the debit plan.
La Roche is at the center of activity in our hometown of McCandless Township. Whether you want to get lunch, run errands or shop in between classes, you can head over to McCandless Crossing. This popular neighborhood and business district is within walking distance and features major retailers, restaurants, a movie theater and more.