La Roche University is currently accepting applicants for English as a Second Language - Adjunct Instructors due to anticipated enrollment for the upcoming 2023 Spring semester. All courses are scheduled for weekday mornings and will meet in person; there are no remote teaching options.
Adjunct assignments are part-time and may be temporary, on an as needed basis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide high quality English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction at all levels and in all skill areas; hold office hours for academic consultation and advising for students.
- Provide learner centered instruction; incorporate project based learning and appropriate use of technology in the classroom with appropriate assessment.
- Create course syllabi and lesson plans following the ESL department established curriculum guidelines; integrate a variety of sound instructional methods and technology into daily classes.
- Produce relevant and reliable assessment tools and conduct routine assessment to evaluate student progress throughout the semester.
- Carry out final assessment for each course which reflects the material taught throughout the semester; provide constructive written feedback on students' progress at mid-term and end of the semester conferences that promotes success.
- Maintain the ESL mission and policies.
- Contribute to the program and curriculum development of the ESL Program through written and verbal input.
- Collaborate with ESL staff on programs, curriculum, and activities.
- Provide classroom leadership that is culturally appropriate.
- Attend training and staff meetings as required and participate in field experiences and administrative tasks upon occasion.
- Master's degree in TESOL or related discipline
- Previous teaching experience preferred
Qualified applicants can complete an online application by clicking on the following link:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
A cover letter and resume should accompany the online application.
Candidates must pass background clearances prior to the issuance of a contract. These are considered adjunct (part-time) positions. Adjunct instructors are hired for specific teaching assignments and contracts are distributed on a semester-by-semester basis with no guarantee of future contracts.
Review of applicants will begin immediately; position(s) open until filled.
No Relocation Assistance