At La Roche University you will engage in authentic research experiences and develop laboratory expertise before graduating.
ChemSOLVE is an extracurricular program designed to provide laboratory experience for chemistry majors. Through this program you'll gain real-life experience by:
- Designing and leading experiments the way that scientists do in their daily work
- Enhancing experiments and designing novel hands-on learning kits
Facilities and Instrumentation
Our facilities include three laboratories, a stockroom and numerous offices on the second floor of the Palumbo Science Center. The John Arnold Instrument Lab houses modern spectroscopy and chromatography instrumentation, purchased entirely through departmental external funding:
- A gas chromatograph-mass spectrometer
- Two additional gas chromatographs
- Two high-performance liquid chromatographs
- An atomic absorption spectrophotometer
- Two Fourier-transform infrared spectrometers
Additionally, two Fourier-transform nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometers are located in a separate NSF-sponsored NMR lab.
our classrooms, residence halls and more.