Call 412-367-9300 to reach the Information Desk at La Roche College. To browse the directory, please select a letter from the menu above.
William J. Crowley, J.D.
Assistant Professor, Justice, Law and Security
- Assistant Professor in La Roche College’s Department of Justice, Law and Security
- Subject matter expert and consultant to the media in the fields of national security, white collar crime, confidential human sources and police tactics
- Attorney-at-law with a specialized interest in the areas of national security and constitutional law
- Retired special agent of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- J.D., New England School of Law, 1989
- B.S., University of Connecticut, 1984
- Division 1 Scholarship Athlete
- Attorney-at-Law, Member of the Pennsylvania Bar, 1991 – Present
- Graduate, FBI Instructor/Specialization Courses, 1998
- Police Training
- Legal Advisor
- Media Relations
- Graduate, FBI Academy, New Agent Training, Quantico, Virginia, 1990
- Tactical Emergency Vehicle Operations
- FBI Certified Counterintelligence Investigator
- Human Source Development Coordinator/Instructor
ACADEMIC HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Awarded University of Connecticut Athletic Medallion for Athletic and Academic Achievement, 1984
- Advisor to La Roche Criminal Justice Club
- Introduction to Criminal Justice
- Intelligence Analysis & Presentation Techniques
- Police & Society
- Criminal Investigations
- Constitutional Law
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS:
- Member, Society of Former Special Agents of the FBI Inc.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE IN THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE AND NATIONAL SECURITY FIELDS:
- Special Agent, Federal Bureau of Investigation, 1990-2017
- Investigation of Violent Crime/Major Offenders
- Coordinated Pittsburgh FBI’s Media Program
- Coordinated Pittsburgh FBI’s Confidential Human Source Program
- Supervised Western Pennsylvania’s Crimes Against Children Task Force
- Investigation of Terrorism
- Team leader of a seven-year international counterintelligence investigation. Techniques utilized included Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), undercover operations and covert searches.
- Teaching Law Enforcement Personnel
- Certified as a police instructor by the FBI for approximately 15 years and instructed hundreds of police officers in subjects ranging from Constitutional Law to media relations.
- Student-taught high school students. Qualified for teaching certification for high school for the state of Connecticut, Spring 1984.
- Adjunct Professor, La Roche College 2005-2012, taught Constitutional Law
JOINED LA ROCHE AS FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE:
Aug. 1, 2017