Call 412-367-9300 to reach the Information Desk at La Roche University. To browse the directory, please select a letter from the menu above.
Joshua Forrest, Ph.D.
Professor and Chair, History
Professor and Chair, Political Science
412-536-1809; Cell: 412-478-5628
- Ph.D., Political Science & Public Administration, University of Wisconsin (1987;
- B.A., French Area Studies, University of Wisconsin (1976)
- Junior Year Abroad (French Civilization), University of Aix-Marseilles, Aix-en-Provence, France (1975-76).
- A Human Right to Local Autonomy: The Quest for Local Control (Rowman & Littlefield), 2021.
- Subnationalism in Africa (Lynne Rienner Publishers), 2004.
- Lineages of State Fragility: Rural Civil Society in Guinea-Bissau (Ohio University Press), 2003.
- Namibia's Post-Apartheid Regional Institutions (University of Rochester Press), 1998.
- The Politics Of Local Autonomy
- Centre for Area Studies, Leipzig University, Germany, 2016.
- University of Pittsburgh, Graduate School for Public & International Affairs, 2002-2003.
- Fulbright Faculty Research in Namibia: Political Decentralization, 1992-1993.
- Junior Scholar, Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies, 1987-1989.
- Comparative Public Policy; Decentralization
- Weak States; Peasantry
- History & Politics of France
- History & Politics of Africa
- Formation of the U.S. 1607-1865; also, American Values & Beliefs
- History of Western Political Thought; Comparative Political Theory
JOINED LA ROCHE University:
- Adjunct Professor, Univ. of Pittsburgh Graduate School Public & International Affairs, 2002-04.
- Associate Professor, University of Vermont, 1989-2002.
New York City
Secular Judaism; la francophonie; baroque music; science fiction.