The Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice (DNAP) at La Roche College offers the opportunity for nurse anesthetists to prepare for advanced roles in today's health care arena.
This practice-oriented program allows advanced nurse anesthetist clinicians to elevate the quality of patient care and to prepare for leadership roles involving health care policy, administration and education.
Students who successfully complete the DNAP program will be positioned to:
- Analyze current and emerging scientific knowledge and technologies to provide the highest level of nurse anesthesia practice
- Translate applicable evidence-based research findings into practice
- Initiate changes in response to social, political, economic and ethical issues in health care
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams in the design, implementation and evaluation of programs and policies for improvement of health care
- Develop leadership skills to meet the challenges of increasingly complex health care and educational environments affecting the practice of nurse anesthesia